SWC Series Cardan Shaft Universal Coupling With Flange Diameter 550mm For Rolling Mill
Why choose us!
|Flexible or Rigid
|Standard or Nonstandard
|HangZhou XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.
|Place of origin
|materials of yokes
|heavy duty industrial paint
|calculate according to model
Packaging & Delivery
Packaging details:Standard plywood case
Delivery detail: 15 -20 working days,depend on the actual produce condition
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing cardan shafts. We supply cardan shafts for the wholesalers , dealers and end-users from different countries.
Q: Can you do OEM? And what is your min order ?
A: Yes, absolutely. Generally, min order is1 set. Most of our products are Customized. Each order from our factory, we always produce cardan shaft after customer confirmed the drawing. So we didn’t have stock.
Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A:Quality is priority! We always attach great importance to quality controlling from the very beginning to the end:
1) Firstly, we have QC department to control the quality
2) Secondly, we have all detailed records for nonconformity products, then we will make summary according to these records, avoid it happen again.
3) Thirdly,In order to meet world-class quality standards strict requirements, we passed the SGS, TUV product certification.
4)Fourthly,Have first-class production equipment, including CNC Machines and machining center.
Can a Universal Coupling Be Used to Connect Shafts of Different Sizes or Types?
Yes, one of the key advantages of a universal coupling is its ability to connect shafts of different sizes or types. Universal couplings are designed to accommodate misalignment between shafts, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
The design of the universal coupling allows it to transmit torque and rotation between two shafts that are not perfectly aligned. This feature is particularly beneficial in situations where precise alignment is challenging or not possible due to equipment design, manufacturing tolerances, or operating conditions.
The universal coupling consists of two jointed forks, each connected to one of the shafts. The forks are connected by a cross-shaped component called the spider or cross assembly. The spider allows for the transfer of torque while allowing the shafts to move independently of each other to a certain degree.
The ability to accommodate misalignment makes universal couplings suitable for various applications, including automotive steering systems, industrial machinery, pumps, and marine equipment. Whether the shafts have different sizes or types, the universal coupling provides a flexible connection that helps minimize stress on the shafts and other connected components.
How do you select the right half coupling material based on the fluid or gas being conveyed?
When choosing the right half coupling material for a specific fluid or gas conveyance application, several factors need to be considered. The material selection is critical to ensure compatibility with the conveyed substance, prevent corrosion, and maintain the overall integrity of the coupling. Here are the steps to help select the appropriate half coupling material:
1. Identify the Conveyed Fluid or Gas: Determine the type of fluid or gas that will flow through the system. Consider factors such as the chemical composition, temperature, pressure, and whether it is corrosive or abrasive.
2. Check Material Compatibility: Ensure that the material of the half coupling is compatible with the conveyed substance. Some fluids or gases may react with certain materials, leading to corrosion or contamination. For example, corrosive chemicals may require corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel.
3. Consider Temperature and Pressure: High temperatures and pressures can affect the mechanical properties of the coupling material. Ensure that the selected material can withstand the operating conditions without compromising its structural integrity.
4. Corrosion Resistance: If the conveyed substance is corrosive, select a material that offers high corrosion resistance. Stainless steel, for instance, is known for its excellent corrosion resistance properties.
5. Abrasion Resistance: For applications involving abrasive fluids or gases, choose a material that can withstand wear and erosion. Hardened materials or those with protective coatings may be suitable.
6. Compliance with Standards: Consider whether there are specific industry standards or regulations that dictate the choice of material for certain applications. Ensure that the selected material meets these standards, especially in critical industries like food, pharmaceuticals, or petrochemicals.
7. Budget and Availability: Take into account the cost of the material and its availability. Some specialized materials may be more expensive or harder to obtain, so it’s essential to balance performance requirements with budget constraints.
8. Seek Expert Advice: If unsure about the best material choice, consult with coupling manufacturers or industry experts who can provide guidance based on the specific application requirements.
By carefully considering the conveyed fluid or gas, the operating conditions, and the material properties, it is possible to select the right half coupling material that ensures reliable and safe conveyance in the system.
How does a Universal Coupling Work to Transmit Torque and Rotation?
A universal coupling, also known as a universal joint or U-joint, is a mechanical device used to transmit torque and rotation between two shafts that are not in a straight line and have angular misalignment. It allows for flexible coupling between the shafts, enabling power transmission even when they are at different angles to each other.
The basic design of a single universal joint consists of two yokes, each attached to the end of the shafts to be connected. The yokes are connected by a cross-shaped intermediate component, often referred to as the spider or cross. The spider has four arms, each fitting into a yoke, creating a flexible joint.
When one shaft rotates, the spider transmits the motion to the other yoke and, consequently, to the second shaft. This mechanism allows the universal coupling to handle angular misalignment between the shafts. The universal joint can accommodate small angles of misalignment, making it ideal for applications where the shafts are not perfectly aligned.
The double universal joint, also known as the double Cardan joint, consists of two single universal joints connected end-to-end with an intermediate shaft in between. This design reduces the angular variation between the input and output shafts, providing a smoother rotation and reducing vibration in certain applications.
The constant velocity joint (CV joint) is a specialized type of universal joint that maintains a constant velocity ratio between the input and output shafts. It is commonly used in automotive drive shafts to provide smooth power transmission, especially in front-wheel-drive vehicles, where the drive shafts must adjust to changing angles as the wheels turn.
Overall, universal couplings are essential components in various mechanical systems, especially in vehicles, industrial machinery, and power transmission applications. They allow for flexible power transmission while compensating for misalignment, making them a versatile and widely used coupling solution.
editor by CX 2023-10-08